My dream this year is to collect 10,000 pairs of NEW socks and donate them on my birthday, January 12th, 2019. This has been the goal the last 2 years and we have not hit it, YET! So what do you do with a goal you haven’t hit yet? Adjust and go for it again, and thats what we are doing this year!
I will be donating the majority of them to the same place we did last year called Marys Kitchen in Orange Ca. You can read about them here: I will also be giving some to other organizations that are serving the local homeless community.
Here are 6 ways you can participate:
1. You can purchase socks on Amazon and have them mailed to me directly. If you have an Amazon Prime account the shipping will be free. Click HERE for info on where you can send the socks. Be sure to include a gift receipt so I know who sent them and I can say thank you!
2. If you don't have the time to go shopping you can send us a gift card to anywhere they sell socks and we will go do the shopping for you! You can send your gift cards HERE
3. We are also in need of clear "Ziploc" bags dimensions 7" x 7 3/4". This is what we put the socks in, with our note.
4. Do you have your own company? You could put out a collection basket at your office and have your employees contribute and we will pick it up!
5. Do you know someone who works for a sock manufacturer, or clothing company? If so, tell them our story and see if their company can donate any socks.
6. Share this link on your Facebook page, LIKE OUR Facebook page and spread our story to everyone you know.
If you are a get your hands dirty kind of person there will also be opportunities to serve by helping us sort and bag these gifts with a special note for each person that gets them, just send me a message and let me know if you'd like to help with that, don't worry I will say yes.
Thank you in advance for what you are going to do and how you will effect the lives of those, through your love and generosity, who will be receiving the gift of something that I believe, like food, is a basic human right.
If you have questions, ideas, or comments click here to send me a direct email.